17 May 2010

Hero

Dear Chad,

You probably have no idea who I am. Ok so we were friends on facebook, but we both know that facebook tends to be a bit superficial. I was in choir with you senior year. Well, at least for the time you were there. I just wanted to let you know- you are my hero.

Let's just say I admired you from afar. When you came back to school and joined A Capella I watched you. I'm not some creep stalker, but I saw your strength and your positive attitude. And I was inspired.

You were named Most Likely to Change the World by the Utah Valley Magazine. I cut out the article and read your dreams- how you would change the world.

After graduation, I forgot about you. I focused inward, on myself. But sometimes I would pull out your article from UV Magazine and read it and hope you were doing great. I knew you were strong and I hoped that you were fulfilling your dreams.

I cried when I found out that you passed away. At your funeral it became official- you were a hero to me. I am in awe of your positive attitude during sickness, your testimony, your love for your family and your desire to share the Gospel.

Chad, you may not have changed the world in a large and significant way- at least not the way people measure success. But you changed my life! You remind me to be thankful for everything I have and to live life to the fullest. I hope that as I try to make my dreams come true that I remember you, your life and your example.

Thank you, for being my hero.

Sincerely,

Rebekah Arnesen

No comments:

Post a Comment