10 February 2015

"books are a uniquely portable magic"

it's weird not to be in school. let me tell you. for the past 18 years of my life, minus the 18 months on a mission, i've been in school! and learning new things every day. now suddenly, i'm a university graduate, with a job and it's weird not to go learn something new every day. don't get me wrong, i love my job, but i also miss learning. so i wanted to make a goal for 2015 that would help me to continue to learn, and since i love reading, i've set a goal to read one new book (at least) each month. i've only read one of these books all the way through before and so i am hoping to expand my knowledge and rediscover reading. you'll notice that these aren't really leisure books, or "easy" reading. i want to keep myself accountable so i'm going to list the books below and then I'll report on each one (kind of like school haha).

February-- The Anatomy of Peace (The Arbinger Institute)
March-- Intuitive Eating (Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch)
April-- The Infinite Atonement (Tad R. Callister)
May-- The Four Agreements (Don Miguel Ruiz)
June-- My Story (Elizabeth Smart)
July-- Yes Please (Amy Poehler)
August-- Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
September-- Left Neglected (Lisa Genova)
October-- The Miracle of Forgiveness (Spencer W. Kimball)
November-- Critical Care (Theresa Brown)
December-- A Chrismas Carol (Charles Dickens)

i'm a little bit excited and a little nervous to read all these! but i hope that i can learn a lot and maybe inspire a few of you to read too!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read My Story by Elizabeth Smart! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Anatomy of Peace. It literally changed my life. What a good list!

    ReplyDelete