05 June 2010

summer socializing

let's just say that (recently) this summer i've become a bit of a hermit. not a hobo, thankfully. but an antisocial person. until, that is, this weekend. it was fabulous!

Friday morning I called one of my best friends (and my former roommate), Jessica White Hicks, in Washington D.C. and talked to her for quite a while! Can I tell you something? I LOVE this girl!!! She is hilarious! Not only that, but she is one of the most Christlike people I know. Hanging on our wall in our bedroom was the saying, "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible" (Dalai lama). Jessica is the personification of that quote. She is always optimistic and happy. She has a strong and unwavering testimony. She always pushes me to do things that are hard for me, and to be the best I can be. It was great to catch up with her and hear all about her adventures in the East.

Friday afternoon I met up with my great friend Amberly and got shakes at Sammy's to celebrate her gradiation from high school! I can't believe she is so old! Anyways hanging with Amberly is always great and we can talk for HOURS. Even though she is 2 years younger than me, she is wiser than I am. I love her! And Sammy's was great too. Those shakes are divine, especially when they are buy 1 get 1 free :)

Friday night my freshman year roommate, Amy, came down from So Jo. We went to our roommate Michelle's dance party. First, we got lost. Well, we weren't lost- we just didn't know where we were going. Finally we got a hold of Michelle and she told us where to go. Basically it was a fiesta. A legit one too. Amy and I, being the little white girls we are, did not exactly fit in. We can't do that muchahca thing ha ha. So we left and went to In n Out so that I could have that "experience." I have to say, I was not unduly impressed. I won't be going there again soon. But it was great to hang with Amy. She is so great and we can just talk about anything and everything. I miss rooming with that girl. She is amazing!

Today after my phlebotomy class I met up with Shalise. I saw her new apartment in Alpine Village. It is way nice! I really like it. Then we went to lunch at Pizza Factory where they have this great deal where for lunch you get a salad and a pizza for $6! So once we ordered our food we called Jess because she told us to call her. And guess what? She convinced us to train for the Top of Utah Marathon with her! Its in September! Yes, I'm so scared. But it was so fun for the three of us to be there (even though Jess was just on the phone). Shalise is awesome! I miss having her as my roommate too!

So that was my weekend. i didn't take any pictures. I fail. But trust me it was awesome! Next time I decide to have a social life, I will take pictures to document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment