11 October 2010

day #1

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that
we are powerful beyond measure...
We ask ourselves: ‘Who am I to be
brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, and famous?
Actually, who are you
not to
be? You are a child of God. Your playing small
does not serve the
world.”
-as quoted by Nelson Mandela


day one: write in your journal for 10 minutes, expressing gratitude for the things your body allows you to do. also, don't weigh yourself the entire challenge. (this should be fairly easy since we don't have a scale in our apartment and i'm not about to go out of my way to weigh myself.)
so why am i grateful for my body?
my legs
- what would i do if i couldn't walk? or run? or dance? my life would be so incomplete. having had friends who could not walk i am so much more grateful for these two little legs of mine.
body systems- after taking anatomy last semester i gained such an appreciation for all the systems of the body, from the nervous to the digestive! when you study the body how can you not realize that we are created in the image of divine being?
truly i am grateful for every part of my body! it is so amazing!


speaking of beautiful- fall is beautiful!

1 comment: