24 December 2010

where are you Christmas?

Dear Santa,
I've been thinking long and hard about what I want this year. I gave my mom a looong list of desired gifts months ago, but you and I both know that's not what really counts. I believe in you Santa, I believe in the Spirit of Christmas bringing joy and miracles to those who really believe. and I do believe. But this year, there's been a slight glitch. You see, I just can't seem to find or feel the magical Christmas Spirit. I've looked and looked. I've been good too. Real good. Things just seem to keep getting in the way and I can't focus on the reasons for the season. The events that usually bring joy are empty. i hate it.
I know why I can't find Christmas. I think. I have been hurt- scarred. So, Santa, what I really want for Christmas is forgiveness. I want to be able to find charity in my heart to forgive and forget. I need it. I don't want to be eaten alive by anger or sadness. I want to be the friend and person I've always thought I was. If you can bring me that (and maybe a letter, just for me from Spencer) I will be perfectly content.
Love,
Beka

No comments:

Post a Comment