30 January 2011

remembrance

have you ever felt forgotten? alone? like there is no one out there who loves you? i have! one of my favorite parts of reading the Book of Mormon over and over is that I learn new things about God and myself each time! today, I read these verses:
Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.

For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


the last time i read the BOM, I felt alone and like God didn't always remember me. I had to remind myself that He does always remember me. today when i read it, i pondered over how the Lord shows me that I am not forgotten. I realized that I have not felt forgotten by Him in such a long time! I know he is there! I recognize His hand in my life every day! He gives me sunshine on a winter day. He gives me wonderful girls in my Relief Society Presidency. He gives me parents who love me and support me in all my crazy ideas and aspirations. He gives me good friends who let me tag along in everything they do. He gives warm[ish] weather in January so that I can go running outside. He helps me understand the things I am learning in Genetics, Stats and Physiology. He has given me a wonderful Bishopbric and ward that builds me up. Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me- because His love is everywhere around me.
He does not forget you! He knows you intimately! He is blessing you- don't forget that he is cheering for you! Pray to know of His love. He is manifest it to you in ways you cannot even imagine.
I know this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment