19 October 2011

a feel-bad-for-me-and-bring-me-chocolate party

that was last week. so much. last week was horrid. i went home on friday and felt like a loser. and then saturday happened. i slept in until 10:30 (which never happens in provo). i even had to sleep on the couch and it was super comfy. i cleaned practically our entire house, worked on a project for my english class, went shopping, and then watched the BYU game (which we won!). i then had the marvelous opportunity to go visit Parker, one of my old friends from elementary school. Parker got in a life altering motorcycle accident over a month ago and just got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago. he has a long healing process and can use all the prayers he can get. however visiting him was so great! he was so optimistic and happy! i left feeling uplifted and cheerful. he is contagiously happy, despite being pretty much an invalid right now. something happened on saturday which left me feeling so great. i want to be social, put myself out there, and get the best life i possibly can. that isn't going to happen by sitting around, waiting for it to be delivered to me on a silver platter. if i want to be happy now, i have to make it happen- now. i am in charge of my destiny through my choices and attitude! of course, a few quotes from this great prophet, have helped to buoy me up too.

“Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in 


heart.”



“Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.” 

"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

"It will ALL work out."

1 comment: