31 March 2011

women- we need each other

ashley, on her blog, quoted a wonderful talk by Sister Parkin. one of my favorite quotes from the talk was Sister Marjorie Pay Hinckley- “Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young. And, hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old. It is a sociological fact that women need women. We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other.” 
ashley's post, dedicated to women in her life, made me think of the amazing women in my life. i have so many great women who have influenced me for good and made me who I am today! 


here are just a few of them:
my freshman year roommates. the girls of E Richards (Heather, Michelle, Amy, Kyli and Natalie) have shaped my college years in so many ways. i can honestly tell these girls anything. they support me and love me- for me. they are my best friends and my second "family"!
excuse how we look in this picture. Jessica Fay White (like the color) was the best possibly roommate i could have had last year. she taught me to be positive in all situations, how to laugh at myself, and how to love life more fully.
shalise and lindsay. i can't say enough about these two (i talk about shalise on here a LOT.) shalise and i are basically the same person. lindsay is so easy going and thoughtful of me. she has been a life saver so many times!
i know this is so old it's from the dawn of time (and there are boys in this picture) but i have to attribute so much of who i am to my girl cousins. they are all different and unique, but we all belong to the same family. i love that we love each other unconditionally and that we keep in touch!
Bre is a bright ray of sunshine in my life. I will forever be grateful for the day I decided to sit by her in Poly Sci 150. She has changed my life through her happiness, faithfulness, and fun personality. she's going to Thailand on a mission for the LDS church in June and I will miss her so much!
I met Jacquel while working at Old Navy. (When people first talked about her I thought she was going to be black ha ha!) After one summer of working shipment every morning I knew that Jacquel was an amazing person! She is a funny, optimistic person who also is very deep. She is serving a mission in South Carolina and I am constantly inspired by her testimony and love of Christ.
I just love this picture of me and my bestie, Naomi. We have been BFF's since we were 8. I am sad she lives in Virginia. But she is getting married to an amazing guy in May and I am thrilled beyond belief for her! 


There are so many women who have inspired me. loved me. laughed and cried with me. molded me. believed in me. These are just a few examples. 

Who are some of the women in your life????

No comments:

Post a Comment